Saturday, June 5, 2010

True Blood Sucker for Sookie Nail Art





Thank you Grace! You asked for a True Blood manicure and here is my attempt at one! I love the Sookie Stackhouse series. I love the Aurora Teagarden Series. I love the Lily Bard series. I love Charlaine Harris. Her books are so much fun to read. In fact, I've already had to have my nook e-reader replaced.. I wore the forward button out! I guess I read a lot.

The red is OPI Double Decker Red (thanks A.L!) The black is Maybelline Colorama Black Magic. The silver is Essie Opera. I thought it was funny to make this vamp a bit sparkly. Trust me. The Sookie Stackhouse vampires don't sparkle!

This is the art from the True Blood HBO series. It is also the cover art on some of the Sookie Stackhouse books. The new season of True Blood starts at 9:00 June 13 on HBO.

Sorry about the double pictures. Blogger keeps shutting down when I try to delete the extras! I'll fix it if I can get it to stop closing on me tomorrow!

19 comments:

nihrida said...

O my, o my... This is amazing!

xtinaaj said...

Wow, nice job!! Ö

SeeingSunshine said...

I love the books and the show too! That accent nail is amazing!

amusedPolish said...

I love true blood- even though I only read the first book of the series *puts head into shame*

I love how glossy the lips look like :D

Beatriz said...

nice! i like how the teeth are slightly gapped like sookie's!

Heather said...

This is awesome :) Jace Everett, who sings the theme song, is going to be in my town in a couple weeks and I'm going to see him!

You nailed it! said...

so pretty!
well done!
xx

Liz (iceomatic's nails) said...

Nihrida, Thriszha, xtinaaj, seeingsunshine, amusedpolish,you nailed it: Thank You!!! :)

Beatriz: The teeth took forever! I'm glad you liked it.
Heather/Eyeconic: I love that song! I bet he'll put on a good show. :)

Polish Hoarder said...

LOVE IT! It helps that I LOOOOOVE True Blood too :) I don't know how you do it! How do you paint so well on such a tiny canvas??! Awesome!

polishedlyrics said...

Liz you are amazing! I love every single one of your nail art designs and you never cease to amaze me with your talent! I love TB and I love the Sookie Series, I can't wait to see how they play it out and who will play Alicide and I love Eric.

~*~ Dollface ~*~ said...

OMG I LOVE IT!!!! JUNE 13th BABY, WOOHOO!!!

Unknown said...

:O

Wow!! This is incredible, bravo! x

Triskit said...

amazing job!!! I am a huge fan of True Blood. I did not know there was a book! I have to read it.

Colette said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to see what new twists the series takes away from the books this season. I think it keeps everything interesting that it's not just a carbon copy of the books.

Anonymous said...

Your designs are ALWAYS awesome! I'm a True Blood fan and this is bloody fantastic!

Melinda said...

WOW, very realistic!

Alice @ NailsbyAlice said...

OMG it looks real! the macro shoot frightened me!

rijaH said...

Looks so great! It makes me wanna suck your blood! Hahah :D

Unknown said...

This is amazing,you are so talented, how did you get the details so perfect?!

I love Trueblood!

Cosmetics

Felix wants you to check out my nail art!!

Follow by email!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog