- Pick your colors! This is the fun part. Any two colors will work. I used a dark color (pinta) and lightened it with white (alpine snow.) You could easily go the other way. Starting with a light color and adding black would be very pretty too! You could even start with a cool color and introduce a warmer tone. The possibilities are endless!
- Add a small amount of your base color to a dappen dish. These are very cheap and sold at beauty supply stores. They are usually used for acrylic liquid.
- Paint your first nail (on both hands) with the pure base color. Do all the coats you need on these nails.
- Add a few drops of your mix in color to the dappen dish. Stir it well with a toothpick or orange wood stick. Paint the next nails with as many coats as you need to finish them. DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY PUT THE BRUSH BACK IN THE BASE COLOR! I had to move the bottle so I wouldn't be tempted. :)
- Repeat step 4 for each nail until you are all done!
- Clean the brush by wiping it on a paper towel with a little acetone so you don't introduce the mixed color into your base color bottle.
- Sit back and admire your easy ombre manicure!
Why do I keep picturing THIS when I say ombre..... I want to say hombre. :) Any excuse to think of Paul Newman is a good one! RIP Paul!